May 24th General Meeting with 1 Hour Presentation and CPE Credit
Presentation 4:30-6pm followed by Networking 6-7pm with Appetizers
Meeting Location: Sheraton Hotel, Jaguar II, 10605 Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256
Meeting Sponsor: FourScout
Speaker: Jay Wong – Senior Engineer
Jay started his career in technology when in the Marine Corps, even though his passion for it started back when he got his first Commodore 64. After serving honorablely in the Marine Corp, he went on to work for various telecom VARs, to ISPs, to a fortune 100 company, then onto opening his own consulting practice. He has worked on wireless backhaul, multi-point systems, CDMA/GSM, DAS, and his personal favorite, Wi-Fi. He believes Wi-Fi is really the most dynamic and versatile wireless technology to date. He has deployed large-scale Wi-Fi networks for Convention Centers, Hospitals, Tech Companies, secure networks for banks, and the list goes on.
Presentation: Endpoint Security In-Depth
Twenty-five years. That’s how long it took to create 5 billion network-connected devices running a few operating systems (OSs). By 2020, this number will increase to more than 30 billion devices running hundreds of OSs—the vast majority of which won't be manageable using agent-based security methods. Without a radically new approach, network blind spots will be the norm and your attack surface will continue to expand.
For more information visit: www.forescout.com
Visit these websites for additional chapter details:
• LinkedIn Group Site: www.linkedin.com/groups/1539547
Remaining 2018 Meetings: 8/16, 9/27, 11/8
Chapter goals and leadership principles:
• To have informative chapter events and fun professional social networking
• Share and promote vendor neutral best practices for information security
• Promote the educational and ethical standards, and the knowledge base of the ISSA association and the CISSP certification
More info: You may contact the local Board of Directors of the Jacksonville / NE Florida ISSA Chapter at: board[at]neflorida.issa.org
• Board Members: Chris Layfield (Verizon Enterprise), Vicki Harris (Maximus), Scott Manning (Black Knight Financial), James Case (Citi), Josh Oquendo (Black Knight Financial), Derek Sandland (The Main Street America Group)
To join ISSA: Go to www.issa.org/join. Don't forget to also select chapter: Northeast Florida.