November 2023 Meeting - In-Person
November 16, 2023 General Meeting with 1 Hour Presentation and CPE Credit
Presentation 5-6pm followed by Networking 6-7pm with Appetizers
Meeting Location: Sheraton Hotel, Jaguar II, 10605 Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256
Meeting Sponsor: Presidio
Speaker: Dirk Goehring, Crowley, Director Cybersecurity
- Partnering with your vendors to get the solutions you need not the products they think you need.
- Talking about building the community, using data intelligence, and research into using distributed architectural solutions to improve your IT and your OT security posture.
About the Speaker:
Dirk Goehring is a future focused cybersecurity professional that was exposed to the world of encryption and threat protection back in 1990’s while developing secure email products at WordPerfect Corp. He designed cyber security solutions in multiple business verticals such as energy, government, financial, educational, medical, and supply chain environments. These changes not only met current standards but initiated a paradigm shift for his peers and their leaders. Currently, at Crowley Dirk takes pride in building best in breed, highly skilled, and diverse cybersecurity teams. That team has been focused on building all-inclusive cybersecurity designs they call Secure Encapsulation. Furthermore, their commitment to challenging the norm in IT and OT threat defenses include forward-thinking engineering of quantum technologies.
Visit these websites for additional chapter details:
• LinkedIn Group Site: www.linkedin.com/groups/1539547
2023/2024 Meeting Calendar:
o Nov 16th, 2023
o Jan 11th, 2024
o Mar 7th, 2024
o May 9th, 2024
o Sept 12th, 2024
Chapter goals and leadership principles:
• To have informative chapter events and fun professional social networking
• Share and promote vendor neutral best practices for information security
• Promote the educational and ethical standards, and the knowledge base of the ISSA association and the CISSP certification
More info: You may contact the local Board of Directors of the Jacksonville / NE Florida ISSA Chapter at: board[at]neflorida.issa.org
Board Members: Vicki Harris (Maximus), Scott Manning (Black Knight Financial), Mark McCrary (Presidio),
Derek Sandland (The Main Street America Group), Chris Layfield (Comcast),
Michael Butler (Black Knight), Patrick Merry (Maximus)
To join ISSA: Go to www.issa.org/join. Don't forget to also select chapter: Northeast Florida.