April 2017 Meeting
April 6th General Meeting with 1 Hour Presentation and CPE Credit
Presentation 4:30-6pm followed by Networking 6-7pm with Appetizers
Meeting Location: Sheraton Hotel, Jaguar II, 10605 Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256
Meeting Sponsor: Tenable Network Security
Cost: $10 for guests, Free to Registered ISSA Members
Speaker: Jack Daniel, CISSP, CCSK
Jack Daniel is a co-founder of Security BSides and works for Tenable Network Security. Jack has over 20 years of experience in network and system administration and security, and has worked in a variety of practitioner and management positions. Jack is a technology community activist, a frequent speaker at technology and security events and is a co-host on the award-winning Security Weekly Podcast. Jack is an early member of the information security community on Twitter, @jack_daniel is an active and vocal Twitter user. Jack is a CISSP, holds CCSK, and is a Microsoft MVP for Enterprise Security.
Presentation: The Evolution of Vulnerability Management
Vulnerability Management is a key component of a mature cybersecurity program, but vulnerability management has changed dramatically over the years. This presentation will look at the past, present, and future of vulnerability management to help participants better understand modern vulnerability management, how it fits in their environments, and how to get the greatest value from their investments of time and money in vulnerability management.
For more information visit: www.tenable.com
Visit these websites for additional chapter details:
• LinkedIn Group Site: www.linkedin.com/e/gis/1539547
Schedule for Remaining 2017 Meetings: 5/18, 8/24, 10/5, 11/16
Chapter goals and leadership principles:
• To have informative chapter events and fun professional social networking
• Share and promote vendor neutral best practices for information security
• Promote the educational and ethical standards, and the knowledge base of the ISSA association and the CISSP certification
More info: You may contact the local Board of Directors of the Jacksonville / NE Florida ISSA Chapter at: board[at]neflorida.issa.org
• Board Members: Chris Layfield (Verizon Enterprise), Vicki Harris (Maximus), Scott Manning (Black Knight Financial), James Case (Baptist Health), Josh Oquendo (Black Knight Financial), Derek Sandland (The Main Street America Group)
To join ISSA: Go to www.issa.org/join. Don't forget to also select chapter: Northeast Florida.