May 2017 Meeting
May 18th General Meeting with 1 Hour Presentation and CPE Credit
Presentation 4:30-6pm followed by Networking 6-7pm with Appetizers
Meeting Location: Sheraton Hotel, Jaguar II, 10605 Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256
Meeting Sponsor: Varonis Systems
Speaker: Matt Farr
With over 10 years’ experience as a systems engineer, technical trainer, and team leader, Matt Farr manages the southeast sales engineering team for Varonis Systems. Matt's past experience includes training hundreds of IT professionals on various security software solutions and presenting at industry events across the nation. Matt will provide insight into the growing internal threat concern and how behavioral analytics can be invaluable in protecting organizations digital assets and reducing risk.
Presentation: The Enemy Within Detecting and Mitigating Insider Threats
Ransomware is both scourge and savior. While it’s not typically considered an insider threat, it acts from the inside, using insider identities, encrypting files that insiders have access to on endpoints and file shares. Learn how organizations are using ransomware to identify and confront vulnerabilities that expose them to rogue employees, abusive administrators, and hackers.
For more information visit: www.varonis.com
Visit these websites for additional chapter details:
• LinkedIn Group Site: www.linkedin.com/e/gis/1539547
Schedule for Remaining 2017 Meetings: 8/24 (CrowdStrike), 10/5 (Palo Alto), 11/16
Chapter goals and leadership principles:
• To have informative chapter events and fun professional social networking
• Share and promote vendor neutral best practices for information security
• Promote the educational and ethical standards, and the knowledge base of the ISSA association and the CISSP certification
More info: You may contact the local Board of Directors of the Jacksonville / NE Florida ISSA Chapter at: board[at]neflorida.issa.org
• Board Members: Chris Layfield (Verizon Enterprise), Vicki Harris (Maximus), Scott Manning (Black Knight Financial), James Case (Baptist Health), Josh Oquendo (Black Knight Financial), Derek Sandland (The Main Street America Group)
To join ISSA: Go to www.issa.org/join. Don't forget to also select chapter: Northeast Florida.