February 2019 Meeting
February 28th General Meeting with 1 Hour Presentation and CPE Credit
Presentation 4:30-6pm followed by Networking 6-7pm with Appetizers
Meeting Location: Sheraton Hotel, Jaguar II, 10605 Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256
Meeting Sponsor: GuidePoint Security
Cost: $10 for guests, Free to Registered ISSA Members
Speaker: Steve Werby
Steve Werby is Director of vSOC Advisory Services for GuidePoint Security. In this role, Steve leads a practice which provides security operations professional services to GuidePoint’s managed security customers and other GuidePoint customers. Prior to joining GuidePoint, Steve operated a boutique security consultancy, served as enterprise security architect for two Fortune 500 firms, and was CISO for several large organizations.
Presentation: Incident Response Lessons Learned and the Value of the Playbook
Steve has led incident response for dozens of incidents, including 13 which required breach notification and one which triggered a case appealed to the US Supreme Court. He will share several stories, lessons learned and guidance from his IR experiences, and discuss IR playbooks - development, prioritization, execution, testing, and beyond.
For more information visit: www.guidepointsecurity.com
Visit these websites for additional chapter details:
• LinkedIn Group Site: www.linkedin.com/groups/1539547
Remaining 2019 Meetings: 4/4, 5/16, 8/22, 10/3, 11/14
Chapter goals and leadership principles:
• To have informative chapter events and fun professional social networking
• Share and promote vendor neutral best practices for information security
• Promote the educational and ethical standards, and the knowledge base of the ISSA association and the CISSP certification
More info: You may contact the local Board of Directors of the Jacksonville / NE Florida ISSA Chapter at: board[at]neflorida.issa.org
• Board Members: Chris Layfield (Verizon Enterprise), Vicki Harris (Maximus), Scott Manning (Black Knight Financial), James Case (Citi), Josh Oquendo (Black Knight Financial), Derek Sandland (The Main Street America Group)
To join ISSA: Go to www.issa.org/join. Don't forget to also select chapter: Northeast Florida.