October 2019 Meeting
October 3rd General Meeting with 1 Hour Presentation and CPE Credit
Presentation 4:30-6pm followed by Networking 6-7pm with Appetizers
Meeting Location: Sheraton Hotel, Jaguar II, 10605 Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256
Meeting Sponsor: Forescout
Speaker: Scott Barrett – Security Engineer
Scott Barrett is a Security Engineer for Forescout based in the Southeast with numerous years of experience with production environments and disaster recovery. Scott has recently focused on data security platforms such as Forescout and Imperva. Scott has worked with hundreds of enterprise and commercial organizations helping them to secure their data on premise and in the cloud. Scott appeared on Time magazine’s cover for person of the year in 2006. Scott has also worked for Fortune 500 companies in an architectural and operations role.
Presentation: Gaining Complete Situational Awareness of All Network Devices
Why is it important to have visibility and knowledge of the devices on your network? If you are not aware of the devices connected to the network, you cannot protect against the threat. By gaining insight to the devices and their purpose on the network you can make intelligent business decisions as to continuing to allow the device to access your network resources (databases, servers, secure data) or move the device to a quarantined or guest network. Is the printer really a printer or a device that acts like a printer leaking data to an exfiltration point?
For more information visit: www.forescout.com
Visit these websites for additional chapter details:
• LinkedIn Group Site: www.linkedin.com/groups/1539547
Remaining 2019 Meetings: 11/21
Chapter goals and leadership principles:
• To have informative chapter events and fun professional social networking
• Share and promote vendor neutral best practices for information security
• Promote the educational and ethical standards, and the knowledge base of the ISSA association and the CISSP certification
More info: You may contact the local Board of Directors of the Jacksonville / NE Florida ISSA Chapter at: board[at]neflorida.issa.org
• Board Members: Chris Layfield (Verizon Enterprise), Vicki Harris (Maximus), Scott Manning (Black Knight Financial), James Case (Citi), Josh Oquendo (Black Knight Financial), Derek Sandland (The Main Street America Group)
To join ISSA: Go to www.issa.org/join. Don't forget to also select chapter: Northeast Florida.