November 2019 Meeting
November 21st General Meeting with 1 Hour Presentation and CPE Credit
Presentation 4:30-6pm followed by Networking 6-7pm with Appetizers
Meeting Location: Sheraton Hotel, Jaguar II, 10605 Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256
Meeting Sponsor: Prescient Security (an enableIT, LLC Company)
Speaker: Steve Seideman – Director of Ethical Hacking
As an offensive and defensive security expert with a B.A. in Business and M.S. in Information Technology / Information Assurance, Steve has 25 years of experience in information security, security architecture, system design and engineering, and internet technologies with direct experience developing and conducting training in security awareness, legal ethics, and ethical hacking. Army Intelligence / NSA / DIA / NGIA, fortune 100, and Big 4 Audit experience laid the foundation for Steve’s expert skills in penetration testing, risk assessments, incident response, and digital forensics. Steve leads pen testing engagements with clients ranging from US Government Agencies to small businesses and is a digital forensics expert witness as well.
Presentation: Pen Testing – The Many Types, Which to Choose, and How to Evolve
We will walk through and explain the various sizes and types of penetration testing, where to begin, and where to evolve in order to identify and remediate network and application vulnerabilities and associated risks. We will also discuss common findings we see, vulnerability identification and exploitation types, when each is appropriate as well as how to evaluate the quality of a vendor during the selection process.
For more information visit: prescientsecurity.com
Visit these websites for additional chapter details:
• LinkedIn Group Site: www.linkedin.com/groups/1539547
2020 Meetings: 2/13, 3/26, 5/7, 8/20, 10/1, 11/12
Chapter goals and leadership principles:
• To have informative chapter events and fun professional social networking
• Share and promote vendor neutral best practices for information security
• Promote the educational and ethical standards, and the knowledge base of the ISSA association and the CISSP certification
More info: You may contact the local Board of Directors of the Jacksonville / NE Florida ISSA Chapter at: board[at]neflorida.issa.org
• Board Members: Chris Layfield (Verizon Enterprise), Vicki Harris (Maximus), Scott Manning (Black Knight Financial), James Case (Citi), Josh Oquendo (Black Knight Financial), Derek Sandland (The Main Street America Group)
To join ISSA: Go to www.issa.org/join. Don't forget to also select chapter: Northeast Florida.